You always dreamed about having a luxury living room. Now that it’s time to redesign or decorate it from scratch, it seems like you are out of ideas. If you need some inspiration, you are on the right page!
This guide offers fantastic ideas for living room decoration. The suggestions focus on making the space more graceful. They combine modern and traditional trends that will ensure the area looks more attractive. Check out these options and pick your favorite!
1. Pick a Unique Pattern for Your Sofa
The sofa is convenient because three people can sit on it and feel comfortable. You’ll find this furniture piece in most living rooms. It’s not easy to make your item stand out from the others. If you want a luxurious space, you can’t go wrong by choosing a unique pattern.
If you have a coastal-style home, a floral pattern could be an inspiration for the sofa. These designs can vary and feature light or dark tones. You can feature lilies, violet flowers, or even go with wild orchids.
2. A Simple Loveseat with a Modern Design
If you often spend time in front of the TV with your partner, a loveseat is a smart choice. It will accommodate you while ensuring you feel comfortable. It’s an excellent pick for boosting the closeness between couples. You’ll also find it more affordable than a sofa. It’s not only cheaper but a more convenient option for compact spaces.
The primary focus is that the loveseat’s design fits the overall area. If you go with modern space, a simple color selection is the best.
Check out these suggestions for the shades of your loveseat:
- Caribbean blue. It’s neutral and fits most interiors.
- Baja lemon. This unique color will attract those who enter the room.
- Mint. It’s an intriguing choice that will blend with modern decors well.
3. A Luxury Room That's A Mix of Style
Feel free to use different styles as the living room inspiration. You might have a Victorian home that already emits elegance. You can add to gracefulness by including edgy art and industrial lighting.
Your living room might have a fireplace that you don’t want to destroy. It’s a nice touch that adds warmth and can be useful in the winter. If the unit features a traditional design, you can still choose a parquet floor. The only requirement is to match the colors by picking a similar shade or a contrast.
4. Harsh Lines Have an Alternative
Straight lines are the most frequent choice for living areas. While they are a modern choice, you might want something different. Curves can be the alternative that meets your style.
How about a round chair that reminds of a lazy bag but features modern materials? You can even place a curvy sofa or loveseat. These offer a bit less seating area but can be comfortable. They are a better fit for larger areas. If you pick an optimal shape, you can fit them in a compact room.
Rounded curves work well with concrete and brass. If you plan on using these materials, forget about harsh lines. Instead, pick these options to soften the personal feel of the area when a person walks inside.
Architectural experts often look for room inspiration in curves and unusual shapes. Professional designers look for uniqueness in these designs. If you nail the décor, it might become the next big trend because of you!
5. Make the Most Out of High Ceilings
Does your home feature high ceilings? It’s not good to ignore this when decorating the living room. The idea is to use this setup’s full potential, and here is how:
- Pick a plaster rosette for the ceiling. If you put it in the center, make it big enough to attract attention.
- Find an amazing chandelier. If you go with classic designs, a chandelier fits high ceilings well. The alternative can also be a modern lighting solution. You can lower it almost to the middle of the room to make it more attractive.
- Floor to ceiling windows. You can have a beautiful view from your living room with this solution. Adding suitable drapes is an option to ensure you protect your privacy when necessary.
6. A Soft Color Palette Is Perfect for Gracefulness
An elegant living room doesn’t often feature bold colors. It’s much better to go with soft tones. Pastel options are the best choices, so go with a shade like a peach.
You can pick different shades. If you go with a lighter option for the wall, the main furniture pieces could be a bit darker. The rug can feature contrast. You can go with navy blue or a similar pattern. Tall windows also fit this combination well. They will add to the mixture of elegance and simplicity. It will look like you designed the entire room effortlessly while ensuring it seems luxurious.
7. Go Green
If you are still choosing colors, you can use green as the dominant choice for your room inspiration. This color looks fantastic and has a soothing effect. It will act calming, which turns this area into an excellent place to relax.
It’s a great pick if you care about the environment, too. Wicker furniture set uses organic materials. You can use similar natural fabrics for curtains, rugs, and other room accessories.
Choosing green doesn’t mean you should paint your wall in this color entirely. It’s enough to pick a green pattern for the sofa and curtains. You can add some flowers on the coffee table or by the windows.
8. Create a Feeling of a Room in the Sky
If you combine white and pale blue, it might seem like the room is floating in the sky. This is an excellent choice for living spaces in apartments on higher floors, especially those with a view.
The idea is to use white for the floor and the ceiling. You can round up the area with sky-blue walls on the sides. The furniture should feature similar shades, and you can even have aquamarine-colored glass for the table.
9. Add a Backdrop to the Wall
A backdrop gives you huge freedom when it comes to design. If you aren’t a fan of single-color walls, this will give a dramatic tone to the room. Don’t hesitate to go for floral or abstract patterns.
If the backdrop is too vivid, make sure that the furniture features a contrast. Go with one-color options and break the monotony with patterned cushions if necessary. A modern table lamp or a ceiling pendant can add to the modern feeling.
10. Create a Sense of Space
Your living room might not have the size you wanted. Some creativity is a must in these situations, and sticking to light colors is a priority. You can pick neutral tones, such as grey and white. Don’t overcrowd the area with items – a sofa, chair, and table might be enough.
Put pictures in bright frames on the wall to ensure the light is bouncing around. You can use natural sunlight for additional illumination. Avoid dark tones unless you specifically want a particular accessory.
11. Mix Gold and Silver for a Luxurious Contrast
Gold is a synonym for luxury, but you don’t want to use it too much in your living room. You don’t want it all to look tacky. The main furniture set can be in a soft peach or another neutral tone.
You can go with golden pots or even cupboards with drawers. Don’t hesitate to put a golden frame on the wall. You can also find unique accessories, such as a complex of beehive-like mirrors with a bright edge. Silver complements gold well and adds to the luxury. That’s why some silver items can fit well with this décor.
12. Put a Display as the Primary Point
You can pick a wall that will serve for the “display.” It will be the room’s focal point, and you can pick from various options to place there.
Here are some suggestions:
- Bookshelves. If you are a passionate reader, don’t be shy about moving the library to the living room. You’ll need to curate the books for the display. Make sure they look great, so choose those with premium covers.
- A fireplace. If you add a library, a fireplace is a perfect match. It will create a cozy living room where you can relax and read your favorite books. Depending on the entire room design, this accessory can be traditional or modern.
- Artwork and sculptures. There’s no need for all shelves to feature books. Leave some space for small sculptures, framed insects, and other accessories. Pots with flowers can go on top of the fireplace if it’s not recessed.
Create a Gallery Wall as the Display
If you don’t want a library in your living room, a gallery wall is a fine alternative. These areas usually feature paintings. They don’t have to be famous authors but don’t hesitate to brag if you own a special piece.
You can use old-fashioned frames and place images of flowers. This will blend a vintage environment well. It’s too rigid to use a formal layout with several rows. Instead, create an ad-hoc placement. That includes unaligned photos and a different number of images in every row.
13. Why You Should Pick an Entire Set
Friends or other guests coming over are likely to spend the most time in the living room. That’s the space where they should feel welcome. It’s an area where you will chat with them, watch TV, or do other activities together.
If you have a large party in the house, you need enough space to accommodate them. They should also feel comfortable. That’s why you should consider getting aconversation set for your living room. These are ready-made collections that only require placing in the desired area.
Here are some other benefits of picking an entire seating set for your living room:
- All items are from the same collection, so there’s no need to think about matching the pieces.
- It’s easier to buy an entire set. It saves time and effort.
- You can get better deals if you acquire more items at once. It can save some cash while making the area more graceful.
Advantages of Choosing Wicker for Your Furniture Set
Wicker features plant materials like rattan. The manufacturers use it to make high-quality furniture pieces. These solutions are natural and organic. You’ll show that you care about the environment.
Check out the other advantages of acquiring a wicker furniture set:
- You can pick the desired color. The default wood color is attractive, but you can also go with alternatives. Many manufacturers also paint wicker in white and other shades.
- A huge variety of cushions. You can choose from endless fabric options to place on the wicker furniture. That ensures the selection will fit your preferences. It also makes redecorating your living room simple and affordable. All it takes is to change the cushion covers.
- Durable and long-lasting. Wicker furniture is an excellent indoor option. The protected settings extend the lifespan of the pieces. That makes them a great value for money.
14. An Ottoman Is Among the Must-Have Room Accessories
An ottoman is an ideal accessory for your feet. It ensures you get the maximum benefit from each moment of relaxing on your sofa. It also promotes optimal posture and contributes to overall comfort.
While an ottoman is an accessory, it’s vital to pick an optimal design. It’ll be near the sofa, which means it will be visible. The common choice is to have this item of the same color as other furniture units. If you want a creative option, don’t hesitate to go with the contrast. A blue chair and a yellow ottoman can be a true focal point of the entire room.
A luxury living room can feature different styles. You can look for inspiration in traditional designs features in afurniture set. If you prefer modern areas, don’t hesitate to pick cushion patterns that fit your preferences.
The style can vary, but the quality must be optimal. You want amazing sets durable enough to impress your visitors for years. You’ll also love spending time in your living room, and you can’t put a price on that. That’s why you shouldn’t hesitate to pick your favorite option and equip your living room today!